It's after Labor Day, and the rules say white should be tucked away until next season. But we like to break the rules, and in design having the right amount of tension keeps things interesting.
So with summer almost officially over, you may be thinking about the next event you'll throw --and before you completely dismiss an all-white color palette for your post-Labor Day event, we think it deserves a second look.
Given our warm tropical climate, Hawaii is the perfect place to embrace a white color story. Here's our curated selection on how to stimulate all the senses and throw an awesome event inspired by this forbidden post-Labor Day hue.
- Geneva Lab: XL Sound System, $2299 (because it's not a party without the right tunes)
- Moet: Ice Imperial, $75 (a glass or two of bubbly goes a long way)
- Lette Macarons: Madagascar Vanilla, $40 for 24 pieces (macarons...need we say more?)
- Herve Leger: Mesh-detailed Bandage Dress, $1850 (because your killer tan glows beautifully with a well designed dress)
- Jonathan Adler: Mongolian Lamb Bench, $1450 (have a seat, in style)
- Voluspa: Gardenia Colonia Candle, $27 (set the mood with the right fragrance)
- Flowers: Calla Lilies, Market Price (fresh flowers are the perfect accessory for any party)
- CURATE decor + design: Trophy Vase, $60 (upgrade your decor with a winning statement piece)